Hello lovelies! I’ve been working on this for a while now and finally finished it last week. In case you don’t know, I’m currently in New York on a mini vacation. I didn’t want to my blog to be lonely while I’m away, so this has been scheduled to post in advance. Anyway, I want to say a huge thanks to Taylor @NerdNationBlog for nominating me for The Sunshine Blogger Award!!! Taylor has a really lovely blog full of amazing content and great reviews! Not to mention, she’s also a sweetheart and I absolutely love reading her posts. Be sure to check out her page and show her some love!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
The Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their fabulous blog
Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in the post
Questions from Taylor at Nerd Nation:
1) What has been your favorite read so far this year? This is toughie and totally not fair… I’ve read so many great books this year and it pains me to have to pick just one. I’ll name a few in no particular order.
A Messy, Beautiful Life by Sara Jade Alan – This will have you laughing and crying and laughing some more. I love the writing, the quirky characters, the humor, and the FEELS… Sooo achingly beautiful!
Doon Series by Lorie Langdon and Carey Corp – I binged this series and absolutely LOVED IT! Oh and it’s going to be turned into a T.V. Series!!!
No Vain Loss by M.C. Frank – This series is absolutely enthralling! Loved the writing, the themes and the message. YOU NEED TO READ THIS SERIES!!!
Alienation by S.E. Anderson – The Starstruck series is quirky, outrageous and so much fun! Alienation is the second book and Anderson definitely amps up the fun, suspense, humor and adventure!
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon – This books is so adorable and cute and swoony!
It’s really difficult to pick just one or even 10… There are so many amazing books and they’re all so different.
2) It’s Thursday, and thus almost the weekend. What song would you recommend to get us pumped for the weekend? There are three songs that I’ve been obsessed with lately, so any of them would do. Ready for It by Taylor Swift, Let Me Go by Hailee Steinfeld and Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran.
3) If you were going to get a tattoo based off a book what would you get and why? This is another toughie… I mean I’ll have that for the rest of my life, so it has to be something meaningful… I’ve always loved this quote from The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye. I’ll get it in some fancy handwriting and have it done somewhere on my arm.
“Imagine, and it shall be. There are no limits.”
4) What’s a secret talent you only bring out on rare occasions? I don’t have any secret talents haha. I can’t sing or dance… But I guess I can be funny sometimes. When I’m around people I’m comfortable with my funny side tends to come out. Or maybe it’s all in my head…
5) What are your favorite kind of posts to read? Probably Get to Know You or Book Tag Posts. Those are always fun to read!
6) Follow up: Do you actually read them or are you a skimmer? I actually do read them.
7) Who’s your fictional crush and who would you cast IRL to play them? There’s way too many to pick just one, but I’ll go with Dean from Hopeless by Colleen Hoover and pick Scott Eastwood.
8) If I came over for a junk food/movie night — what are we watching and what are we eating? Gosh… I love all kinds of junk food and I’m a mood junk mood eater. If I’m craving salty, then different kinds of potato chips – Regular, Salt and Vinegar, and Sour Cream and Cheddar. If I’m craving sweet, then Orange/Chocolate Milano Cookies (those are my favorites). As for the movie, I’m going to have to say Harry Potter movies or Lord of the Rings. Then we can turn movie night into movie marathon night and a fun sleepover!
9) What is your go-to guilty pleasure book? I don’t really have one in particular, but I do love reading New Adult romances a lot.
10) Who was the first artist/band you saw live in concert? I rarely ever go to concerts, but the first artist/band I saw live was BBMAK. Not sure if anyone remembers them, but I loved them back in Junior High.
11) What’s one of your favorite book quotes? “Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway.” Prince Maxon from the Selection Series. That quote just gives me all the FEELS.
1) Candyce & Isabell @theBookDutchesses
2) Mellanie @noshelfcontroll
3) Des @desrandomthoughts
4) Macy @cantstopwontstopbooks
5) Kathryn @nosestuckinabookblog
6) Jenn @boundtowriting
7) Kelsey @criticuncriticalbookwormblog
8) Michelle @firstbooklove
9) Alexandra @thehufflepuffnerdette
10) Mandy @bookprincessreviews
11) Kathy @booksandmunches
1) What’s your favorite childhood memory?
2) If you could be any character in one of your favorite books, who would you be and why?
3) Where’s your favorite place to read?
4) If you could choose a book that describes you, which one would you pick?
5) Which book universe would you want to live in and why?
6) If you were going to bury a time capsule, which books would you include in it?
7) If you can be a superhero, what would your name be and what kind of power would you have?
8) What’s some of your most anticipated reads for 2018?
9) Name a book that will always have a special place in your heart.
10) If you can go on a date with one author (dead or a live), who would you choose and why?
11) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Really hope you enjoyed reading and getting to know me more. I had so much fun doing this so thank you Taylor! I know it took me a while to finish it, but I did it!!
I can’t wait to read all your posts, but totally no rush. I know how busy life can be sometimes.
Have a wonderful day!
Sincerely Karen Jo