Hi lovelies!! I’m Karen Jo (yup that’s my first name) and I’m a BOOK LOVER just like you! I used to run a small business creating handmade nail polishes inspired by everything I love from movies, places and books. If you search for Sincerely Polish on IG and Google, you can probably see some of my creations. I was featured on nailitmag.com and I’m forever grateful to the nail community for embracing me and my brand for almost 3 years. However, with life comes a lot of changes and opportunities, such as promotions. With that being said, I have long since closed Sincerely Polish with no intentions of reopening. At least for now. There are so many other things I want to do and there just isn’t enough time in the day to do everything. Also, running a small business singlehandedly while working full time is very stressful and time-consuming. I remember running on 2-3 hours of sleep because I had to stay up packing orders. Although I miss it sometimes, specially the creating process (the best part cause I love being crafty and creative) and interacting with my customers, I’m very happy where I am because I have more time to read books (YAY), spend time with family, and just have fun . At least now when I do stay up late, it’s because I can’t stop reading… which happens more often than not.
I’ve been thinking about starting a blog for book reviews for about a year or so, but haven’t fully committed to it until now (thanks for the push and motivation Mellanie!) Obviously, I’m not a Professional Book Critic nor do I want to be one. BUT, I do LOVE raving and talking about my favorite books and characters and OTPs, so here I am! If a book can make me laugh, plaster a silly smile on my face, keep me on the edge, make me cry, and just make me feel all the FEELS, then I’ll most likely like/love that book. I rarely ever DNF a book because I tend to choose books I know I would like, but every now and then, I try to go out of my comfort zone.
SOME other FACTS about ME
- I love reading romance, fantasy, sci-fi, dystopian, retellings and some paranormal.
- Pretty much anything that has a bit of romance mixed in the storyline will probably entice me.
- I love a good dark romance every now and then…we all have our guilty pleasures.
- The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer got me hooked into reading. I actually saw the movie first then read all the books within 5 days. It was a few days before finals during my 3rd year in college and I could not focus on studying until I finished the series. I pretty much lived in my room and would reread favorite parts of the books to get me through finals week. I don’t think I even slept that much pulling all nighters, but I did well on all my finals that quarter. (woohoo!)
- I LOVE the Harry Potter Movies but have yet to read the books… (I know I know!!!)
- I love to bake, but I don’t like eating what I make.
- I love sci-fi movies and TV shows.
- I don’t read comics, but love watching Marvel and DC movies and TV shows.
- I love Supernatural and have rewatched the entire series more than 5 times.
- I love scary movies.
- I can eat a tomato like an apple.
So that’s ME… Welcome to my Blog and hope you enjoy reading!!!