Hi! I’m Karen Jo (yup that’s my first name) and I’m a BOOK LOVER just like you! I live in Los Angeles, California with my boyfriend of almost 7 years and my dog, Choco. I love to read, watch movies, binge my favorite TV shows, travel, bake and go to Disneyland at least once a month. I love meeting and taking pictures with Disney Characters even though I get super awkward and shy. I want to visit all the Disney Parks and take a picture in front of all the castles. I’ve traveled to London, France, Amsterdam, Switzerland, Germany, Canada, Haiti, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Peru, and back to my birth country, Philippines. My favorite places so far are Amsterdam, Switzerland and Peru.
I used to run a small business creating handmade nail polishes inspired by everything I love from movies, places and books. If you search for Sincerely Polish on IG and google, you can probably see some of my creations. I was featured on nailitmag.com and I’m forever grateful to the nail community for embracing me and my brand for almost 3 years. However, with life comes a lot of changes and opportunities, such as promotions. With that being said, I have long since closed Sincerely Polish with no intentions of reopening. Running a small business singlehandedly while working full time is very stressful and time-consuming. I remember running on 2-3 hours of sleep because I had to stay up packing orders. Although I miss it sometimes, specially the creating process and interacting with my customers, I’m very happy where I am because I have more time to read books (YAY), spend time with family, and have fun . At least now when I do stay up late, it’s because I can’t stop reading… which happens more often than not.
I’ve been thinking about starting a blog for book reviews for about a year or so, but haven’t fully committed to it until now (thanks for the push and motivation Mellanie!) Obviously, I’m not a Professional Book Critic nor do I want to be one. BUT, I do LOVE raving and talking about my favorite books and characters and OTPs, so here I am! If a book can make me laugh, plaster a silly smile on my face, keep me on the edge, make me cry, and just make me feel all the FEELS, then I’ll most likely like/love that book. I rarely ever DNF a book because I tend to choose books I know I would like, but every now and then, I try to go out of my comfort zone.
SOME other FACTS about ME
- I love reading romance, fantasy, sci-fi, dystopian, retellings and some paranormal.
- Pretty much anything that has a bit of romance mixed in the storyline will probably entice me.
- I love a good dark romance every now and then…we all have our guilty pleasures.
- The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer got me hooked into reading. I actually saw the movie first then read all the books within 5 days. It was a few days before finals during my 3rd year in college and I could not focus on studying until I finished the series. I pretty much lived in my room and would reread favorite parts of the books to get me through finals week. I don’t think I even slept that much pulling all nighters, but I did well on all my finals that quarter. (woohoo!)
- I LOVE the Harry Potter Movies but have yet to read the books… (I know I know!!!)
- I love to bake, but I don’t like eating what I make.
- I love sci-fi movies and TV shows.
- I don’t read comics, but love watching Marvel and DC movies and TV shows.
- I love Supernatural and have rewatched the entire series more than 5 times.
- I love scary movies.
- I can eat a tomato like an apple.
So that’s ME… Welcome to my Blog and hope you enjoy reading!!!