Hello Lovely Book Readers and Happy Top Ten Tuesday! It’s been FOREVER since I’ve participated in TTT so I’m really excited to be back on it. This week’s topic is about Backlist Books.
Okay, so I wasn’t sure how to go about this since I have a gazillion books that’s been sitting on my shelves. When I was on my hiatus, I organized and started cataloging my books… It shouldn’t have surprised me, but oh ma damnnnn… I’m not even done and I’ve already counted 300 + books that I HAVE NOT READ!! Like how do I even pick 10?!?!
So, for this week’s topic, I decided to pick 10 Backlist Books from different genres (Adult/New Adult Romance, YA Romance/Contemporary, YA Fantasy, and YA Paranormal/Supernatural) that I want to read in 2019.
Top Ten Tuesday, was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and has been moved to That Artsy Reader Girl since January 16, 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Without further ado, here are my picks for the
I WANT TO READ IN 2019
Have you read any of these? What did you think? Which ones are MUST READS for you? What other backlist books should I check out?
Leave a comment and let’s chat down below.
Hello fellow booknerds! It’s time for another update! I know it’s the middle of the month and I’m way behind posting this, but I still wanted to share my progress. I need to see where I am and hopefully be motivated to pick up more of these ARCs rather than being distracted by all the other books I keep on requesting. As you can clearly see, I haven’t made that much progress, BUTTTTT my FEEDBACK ratio is finally at 50% and I’ve finally reached 51 reviews submitted which means that I earned another badge — The 50 Reviews! So while I’m still pretty behind, I’m quite proud of myself.
I updated the list on 4.16.2018 cause I was getting a bit confused. I also took this out of the MISC category and moved it to Netgalley ARCs so I can keep track of my progress better and you can check out where I started. So, how about we go see how many more books I was able to check off since 4.16.
Odd and True by Cat Winters
- Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne
- Nyxia by Scott Reintgen
- Love Songs and Other Lies by Jessica Pennington
- Booke of Hidden by Jeri Westerson
- Gray Wolf Island Tracey Neithercott
- The Canary Club by Sherry D. Ficklin
- Berseker by Emmy Laybourne
- Nemesis by Anna Banks
- The Breathless by Tara Goedjen
- A Poison Dark and Drowning by Jessica Cluess
- 36 Questions that Changed My Mind About You by Vicki Grant
- Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
- Just Friends by Dyan Sheldon
- The Midnight Dance by Nikki Katz
- Playing by Heart by Carmela Martino
- All the Wind in the World by Samantha Mabry
- A Taxonomy of Love by Rachael Allen
- The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden
- My New Crush Gave to Me by Shani Petroff
- Plague Land by Alex Scarrow
- Stronger by Janey Nissenson
- Kiss Me in New York by Catherine Rider
- Fraternize by Rachel Van Dylen
- Run Away With Me by Mila Gray
- Always Red by Isabelle Ronin
- Flight Season by Marie Marquardt
- The Chaos of Standing Still by Jessica Brody
- What the Valley Knows by Heather Christie (approved Jan 8)
- Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian (approved Jan 8)
- That Secret You Keep by Brenda Benny (approved Jan 8)
- Cold Hard Truth by Anne Greenwood Brown (approved Jan 8)
- How You Ruined My Life by Jeff Strand (approved Jan 8)
- On The Line by Liz Lincoln
- Thirsty by Mia Hopkins
- Rumor Has It by Jessica Lemmon
- Bookish Boyfriends by Tiffany Schmidt
- Blood Veil by Megan Erickson
Out of Left Field by Kris Hui Lee
- Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren
- Furyborn (The Empirium Trilogy) by Claire Legrand
Ace of Shades by Amando Foody
- The Hook Up by Eric McCarthy – currently reading this
- The Art of French Kissing by Brianna Shrum
The Game Can’t Love You Back by Karole Cozzo (Approved for a Blog Tour)
A Prom to Remember by Sandy Hall (Approved for a Blog Tour)
- Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young (Invited to read/review by the Publisher)
Love and Luck by Jenna Evans Welch (Approved for a Blog Tour)
- Love Me, Love Me Not by SM Koz (Approved for a Blog Tour)
- Love Scene, Take Two by Alex Evansley (Approved for a Blog Tour)
- Kiss of the Royal by Lindsey Duga
- Mayfly by Jeff Sweat (Approved for a Blog Tour)
- Fling Club by Tara Brown
- Blood Match by K.A. Linde (Approved for a Blog Tour)
- Where the Sea Takes Me by Heidi R. Kling (Invited to read/review by the Publisher)
- Ignite the Stars by Maura Milan
- I Flipping Love You by Helena Hunting
So, it looks like I added more on the list, but I’ve read more than 50 out of 100 plus books requested since I joined Netgalley. Making progress a little at a time. One of these days, I’ll get to that 85% feedback ratio. Until then, I’ll take it one day at a time and not force myself to read just so I can knock off as many of these ARCs before the end of the year. I obviously have a responsibility to read them since I requested, but I find it more enjoyable to read the books I’m actually in the mood for. And most of the times, I request when I’m really interested, but won’t get approved until a few weeks later so that kind of messes up my schedule when I’m already reading/reviewing something else.
Anyway, that pretty much ends my update. I’ll definitely do another one for the second half of May and hopefully I can check off 3-5 more books.
Oh and here’s my newest badge!!!
Hope you enjoyed reading this update. Are you a Netgalley member? Do you also struggle with requesting and trying to catch up with your reading? Share your thoughts and experience in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you.
Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!!!