Widow of Papina
Published by: Soul Mate Publishing
Publication date: December 13th 2017
Genres: Mystery, New Adult, Romance
Forrest and Braydon Miller moved to the small town of Papina to follow their dreams and start a family. Braydon loves her new life in the quiet town, kept alive by the prestigious boarding school overlooking the valley. She is so proud of her husband’s work, helping the teens on the reservation.
Until one day, Forrest doesn’t come home.
Scandal spreads when it’s discovered that one of the teenagers is missing, too. But, Braydon refuses to believe her husband would leave her. When the teen is found, she isn’t talking—literally.
While Braydon’s heart is breaking, she must hold her crumbling life together, raise her son, trust in the sheriff’s loyal and ever-growing devotion, and find a way to love the mute teenager enough to discover the truth of what happened to her husband.
Goodreads / Amazon
Born and raised in Australia, Katie’s early years of day dreaming in the “bush”, and having her father tell her wild bedtime stories, inspired her passion for writing.
After graduating High School, she became a foreign exchange student where she met a young man who several years later she married. Now she lives in Arizona with her husband, daughter and their dog.
She has a diploma in travel and tourism which helps inspire her writing.
When her debut novel, Kiya: Hope of the Pharaoh, climbed into bestselling status, she believed she was onto something, and now has a slew of novels now available, and is published through Curiosity Quills Press, Soul Mate Publishing, and REUTS Publishing.
Katie loves to out sing her friends and family, play sports, and be a good wife and mother. She now works as an Acquisitions Editor to help support her family. She loves to write, and takes the few spare moments in her day to work on her novels.
Website / Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Happy Friday Loves!!! I’m extremely happy it’s finally the weekend and I can just relax and de-stress. I’ve been seriously counting down the days and hours for Friday to come. Anyway, I wanted to do a little blogging/reading update. So far, I’ve finished reading 3 books – well 2 ½ since I actually started reading one of them October 2017 but let’s not get too technical here. I finished reading Pretty Dead Girls by Monica Murphy, Pumpkin Spice Secrets by Hillary Homzie, and Love Between Enemies. I’m pretty proud of myself since I read them in 5 days. Oh and they’re all from Netgalley which means that I was able to bring up my feedback ratio. I’m now at 48% and hoping to be over 50% by the end of next week.
I’m still struggling just a tad bit with keeping up with my blogging post, but I think I’m making some progress. I’ve been using this super cute planner I received from my December Owlcrate and it’s been helping me a lot. I’ve been brainstorming whenever I can and that brings me to some changes I would like to do. In an effort to be more organized, I decided to follow this weekly blogging schedule beginning January 14. Most of them are memes and if you’re stuck on what to write about, I definitely think you should participate in some of them.
- Standalone Sundays – a weekly feature created by Megan at Bookslayer Reads which aims to showcase standalone books which you loved or would recommend.
- Goodreads Monday – a weekly meme hosted by Lauren at Lauren’s Page Turners. To participate, choose a random book from your TBR and show it off. For this meme, I’ll be focusing on a random book that I don’t own on my Goodreads “want-to-read” page.
- Top Ten Tuesday – this was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and will be moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 16, 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
- Waiting on Wednesday – is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating. A similar meme, Can’t-Wait Wednesday, is hosted by Tressa over at Wishful Endings. If you’d like to participate in either one, don’t forget to link back to these lovely ladies and add your links in their posts.
- WWW Wednesdays – is a weekly meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words – Just answer three questions What did you recently finished reading, What are you currently reading, and What do you plan on reading next.
- TBR Thursdays – I’ve done this feature a few times last year and would like to continue with it. I’ll be choosing books, ebooks, or ARCs in my neverending TBR and do a little spotlight feature. At the end of each year, I’ll do an update with all the books I’ve chosen for this and see if I actually read any of them. Last year, of the 11 TBR Thursdays post, I only read 4.
- First Lines Fridays – a weekly feature for book lovers hosted by WANDERING WORDS. Pick a book from your shelf and open to the first page, copy the first few lines but don’t give anything away, then reveal the book.
- Favorite Quotes Friday – I’ll be retiring my Friday Faves segment and replacing with this one. Basically, I’ll choose quotes that I love from one of my favorite books. One book every week with 2-3 quotes.
- Swoony Saturdates – I came up with this while thinking about all the swoony book boyfriends I’ve collected over the years. So, for this feature, I’ll be choosing one book boyfriend and explain some reasons why he’s utterly and undeniably swoonworthy. While I do want to host this here, my schedule changes every so often that I feel like I would not be able to keep up. If you do want to participate, feel free to do so. Just link back to me and leave your links in the comments of my weekly posts so I can see them. And it’s definitely not limited to just book boyfriends… you can totally pick book girlfriends too!
Hopefully I can follow through with this schedule and not fall behind. I still have my other blogging ideas and tours, and reviews, and tags, and some other fun stuff… And even if I do fall behind and miss a few (which I know will definitely happen), this schedule definitely helps me plan ahead.
How do you plan and keep up with your blogging? Any other tips and ideas you’d like to share?
Have a wonderful weekend lovelies!